This page describes the functionality of the view invoice feature. The view invoice function can be accessed by clicking view on any list invoice function found in multiple convenient places throughout the platform. Upon clicking view, the view invoice page will pop up consisting of the following tabs.
The summary tab gives a brief overview of the most important aspects of the invoice and allows administrators to make common one-click changes. Below is a summary of each item presented and a description.
- Member Name - The name of the audience member that the invoice is associated with. The name is clickable and will bring you to the view user function.
- Invoice date - The date that the invoice was created, either manually or by the system through the automated process.
- Due Date - The date that the invoice is due before being considered overdue.
- Total Due - The total amount due as a sum of each line items subtotal.
- Total Paid - The amount paid via captures, both automatic and manual
- Balance - The remaining balance of the invoice calculated by subtracting the Total Paid from the Total Due
- Payment Method - The method used to make payment. If this is static, payment has been complete. If a dropdown menu appears, an administrator can select the payment method to be used, however the default payment method on file is preselected and should not be changed without reason.
- The payment status which indicates the current status the invoice is in. This can be changed to one of the following statuses by opening the dropdown menu, selecting the desired status and clicking the Change Status button.
- Draft - Not yet published or viewable by the user
- Unpaid - An invoice that has been published, is viewable by the user, is not overdue, and has not been paid in full
- Overdue - An invoice that has been published, is viewable by the user, and is overdue as it has not been paid in full
- Paid - An invoice that has been paid in full
- Cancelled - An invoice that was previously published and viewable but was cancelled by the system or an administrator
- Refunded - An invoice that was previously paid in full but has been refunded, in full or in part
- Disputed - An invoice that was previously paid but a dispute was received by the payment gateway. Disputed payments may require a timely response, check your gateway interface for additional details
- Collections - An invoice that is delinquent and has been passed to a collections agency, this must be set manually by an administrator
- Edit Invoice (button) - Edit the invoice's line items or due date to modify the total due or when the payment will be automatically captured.
- Resend Invoice (button) - Sends a copy of the invoice via email to the user.
- Attempt Capture (button) - Attempts to capture the invoice if it has not already been paid in full.
- Mark Cancelled - Cancels the invoice and prevents future capture attempts against the invoice.
- Mark Unpaid - Changes the invoice to an Unpaid state. If an invoice has been previously paid in full, no capture attempt will take place. Capture attempts will take place if in an Unpaid state and the total paid is less than the total due on the invoice resulting in multiple transactions being entered on the invoice transactions entry to make the invoice in a paid in full state.
In addition to the fields above, administrators can have a quick preview of the invoice by scrolling further down on the page. If you desire to change an item that is on the invoice or the due date of the invoice, you must edit the invoice.
This tab of the view invoice function can be used to manually enter payment details. This can be useful for entering transaction data that may have taken place outside the Flixout platform that you wish to still have a record for consistent bookkeeping reasons. The fields and their description are as follows:
- Date - The date that the payment was received
- Payment Gateway - The payment gateway to which the payment was processed
- Transaction ID - The ID of the transaction associated with the gateway
- Amount - The amount of the transaction
- Transaction Fees - The fees paid to the payment processor
- Send Email - Check this box if you wish to send a payment receipt to the user regarding this payment entry
- Add Payment button - Submits and records the data entered on this tab
This tab of the view invoice function lists each associated transaction that was run against this invoice. These items cannot be added, modified, or removed as they are part of the payment tracking system but are displayed for your convenience.
- Date - The date that the transaction took place
- Payment Method - Which specific payment method was used in the transaction
- Transaction ID - The ID of the transaction as referenced by the payment gateway
- Amount - The amount that was processed by the payment gateway
- Transaction Fee - The fee imposed by the payment gateway against the transaction
- Net Amount - The total you received from the processed transaction (Amount MINUS Transaction Fee)
The options section allows you to change the due date of the invoice quickly without going to the edit invoice function.
The refund tab gives administrators the option to refund either in full or in part the invoice's total based on previously processed transactions. To initiate a refund, fill out the following fields as appropriate.
- Transactions - A list of individual transactions that made up the payment of the invoice. Usually this is one transaction but for a heavily modified invoice, this may consist of multiple transactions.
- Amount - The amount in reference to the above transaction that should be refunded. Leave blank to refund the entire transaction or enter an amount that you wish to refund if partial.
- Refund Type - The refund type is how the refund should be processed. There are three different methods as outlined below.
- Refund via Gateway - This refunds the invoice to the payment method used originally for the referenced transaction. If you have a refund policy and do not give account credits, we recommend using this method to reduce dispute exposure.
- Manual Refund Processed Externally - Select this option if you are sending the refund via a method that is different than the original method used for the referenced transaction.
- Add to Client's Credit Balance - This option will not refund the client but give them an account credit which will then automatically be applied to the next generated invoice before capture reduce the future amount paid by the member.
- Send Email - Tick this box to send a confirmation email to the member regarding their refund process.
- Issue Refund button - Processes the data entered on the form and makes the appropriate entries in the database.