The tickets section of the Dashboard function in the admin panel is your ticket system for communicating with your audience members through the platform. This simplifies tracking of any question your audience may have while using the platform. Audience members may open a ticket via a number of ways from the end-user interface including reporting problems with episodes or by clicking the Contact menu item at the top of every page or the Contact link on the bottom of every page. Audience members will then fill out a trouble ticket with the issue type, subject and then a detailed message regarding their inquiry.
Once a user submits their ticket, any administrator with ticket capabilities will be notified that a new ticket requires a response. You may then click the link provided in the email to go directly to the ticket or you can access the tickets, and any other ticket via the admin panel by navigating to Tickets on the navigation panel.
For your convenience, tickets are categorized based on their working status. Tickets requiring a response will also increase the waiting count on the Tickets navigation button. Ticket statuses are updated automatically depending on certain actions and can also be set manually overriding the default status. Available ticket statuses are as follows:
- Open - Initial state of new tickets
- Waiting Admin - State when a previously opened ticket receives a response from the end-user and is waiting for the response of the admin
- Waiting Member - State when a previously opened ticket receives a response from the admin and is waiting for the response of the end-user
- On-Hold - Status placed manually by an admin. Can be useful for when processing a ticket to show the end-user acknowledgement of their response.
- In-Progress - Status placed manually by an admin. Can be useful for when processing a ticket to show the end-user acknowledgement of their response.
- Closed - State when a ticket is closed/marked resolved by either an end-user or admin. No response is expected or possible from either party when a ticket enters this state nor can the status be changed. If the end-user requires further assistance, they should open a new ticket.
Responding to a ticket
To respond to a ticket, you may click any subsection under Tickets. Each section conveniently shows the number of tickets in that particular status state. A list of tickets that are in this particular status state will then be listed. To view the data associated with the end-user submitting the ticket, you can click the user's name, this will bring you directly to the user's detail page. To view and respond to a particular ticket, click the Show button to the right of the ticket subject.
Once the ticket has loaded, the message history of the ticket is displayed below the response area. Once you are ready to respond, type your reply to the user in the Message field. By default, any reply will change the ticket status to Waiting Member. If you wish to change this to a different status, select a different status from the Resulting Status dropdown menu before replying. Click reply to send your message to the user, the ticket status will change depending on your ticket status selection. If you changed the resulting status to closed, the ticket will be immediately closed upon replying, no response can be added by you or the end-user once this action is taken.
Closing a Ticket
A ticket can be closed in two ways. The first was examined in the previous section, "Responding to a Ticket". The other way you can close a ticket is by clicking the Close button when listing the tickets by status. Clicking the close button immediately closes the ticket and neither you nor the end-user will be able to add any response or change the ticket status.
A closed ticket cannot be responded to or have it's status changed. These tickets are archived for your convenience under the Closed section of Tickets on the navigation panel.