The edit video function allows you to change the attributes and details of an existing video with the administrator panel. The following is a list of the form fields along with their descriptions.
- Parent Course/Chapter - Here you will select the course or chapter you wish to link the video with. This should be created before attempting to add a video, failure to do so will result in the video being an orphan until assigned to a course/chapter.
- Name - A short but descriptive name of the video that will be presented to end-users
- URL Friendly Name - An alpha numeric name, including dashes or underscores (example: my-first-video or my_1st_video), that will be used to link to the video and appear in the URL bar. This is for SEO reasons.
- Order - The order of this video in relation to other videos that are placed in the same course/chapter with a lower value showing first.
- Description - Describe the video in detail here, this will be shown below the video on the episode page for end-users
- Short Description - A shorted description used to describe the video that will be presented when navigating and as the description displayed to search engines.
- Tags - The tags are the keywords used to describe the video. These can used by the search function of the platform and will also be presented to search engines as the keywords.
- Image - The image will be used as a navigation picture and as the background on the image page behind the player. If you choose not to use an image, a random frame from the video will be selected instead. Additionally, a gif will be generated to preview the video when user's hover over the navigation image automatically.
- Video is Visible - Tick to display the video in the navigation and make it accessible. Note that until a video is uploaded, the video will remain hidden regardless of this selection.
- Free To Watch - Tick this box if you wish to make this video available for anyone to watch.
- Watch without Registration - This box is only available if Free to Watch is ticked. Tick this box if you wish anyone (those not registered and logged in) to watch this video
- Enable Pay per View - This option is hidden if Free to Watch is ticked. Enables PPV functionality which charges the audience member a fee to watch the episode. If you have selected to include PPV under the create plan, those subscribed to the plan will not pay. PPV Price and Times Allowed to Watch must be entered if ticked.
- PPV Price - The price to charge those purchasing the PPV option, hidden unless Enable Pay per View is ticked.
- Times Allowed to Watch - The number of times an audience member is allowed to watch when using the PPV option before they need to purchase the episode again to watch again. This option is hidden unless Enable Pay per View is ticked.
- Save Changes (button) - Saves the changes made on this page.
- Change Video (button) - Allows you to upload a new video replacing the current one. Warning: clicking this button will not save any changes on this page. Click the Save Changes button first.
- Change Captions (button) - Allows you to upload a new captions file replacing the current one. Warning: clicking this button will not save any changes on this page. Click the Save Changes button first.