The edit leaderboard function found in the data table of the List Leaderboards sub-menu item of Leaderboards within the admin panel allows you to change the details of a leaderboard. The options that are can be changed are the same options that are available in the create leaderboard function. The following form fields are located in the edit leaderboard and described below.
- Name - Give the leaderboard a unique name that will be referenced as a navigation item within the platform.
- Order - The number here will determine how the leaderboard is presented in relation to other leaderboards in the platform.
- Description - Describe the leaderboard, what you hope to measure and if there is a prize for the winner, etc.
- Start Date - The date that the leaderboard will begin to track the results of quizzes taken. Leave blank to start immediately. Any quiz results before the creation of the leaderboard will not be taken into account regardless of the date here. This is useful if you wish to start the leaderboard at a later date than the moment you create it.
- End Date - The date that the leaderboard will stop tracking the results of quizzes taken. Any quiz attached to the leaderboard taken after this date will not be taken into consideration when calculating the leader, points, or make any additional entries.
- Function - How the total score is calculated giving the taker a score. The following methods are available:
- Default - total points minus time in seconds to complete
- Multiply - total points multiplied by time in seconds to complete (not used frequently)
- Add - total points added by time in seconds to complete (not used frequently)
- Divide - total points divided by time in seconds to complete
- Subtract - total points minus time in seconds to complete
- Show Total Score - Tick to calculate the total score and use it to rank users but it will not display the total score on the leaderboard
- Show Full Names - Tick to show the full names of the user and not their display names, leave untick to show their display names
- Link to Profile - Tick to link the name of the leader to their profile.
- Show Avatar - Show the user's avatar next to their name (feature not yet implemented)
- Save Changes (button) - Saves the data entered on the page and makes the changes to the leaderboard immediately.
Note: If you wish to attach the leaderboard to a quiz, you should access the view leaderboard function.