The edit invoice function modifies an existing invoice. This gives administrators the ability to add additional items to an invoice, change the pricing of existing items, remove items, or change the due date. The following form fields are listed with their descriptive usages:
- Due Date: The date that the invoice must be paid by. Note that the automatic capture function will run X days (subject to your configuration in Settings) before this due date in an attempt to capture the invoice. If there is less days than those set in the auto capture setting, the invoice will attempt to capture shortly after the invoice's creation.
- Individual Line Items - A line item can be entered for each different item the invoice covers. You can add additional line items by pressing the green + button to the right of the screen.
- QTY - Quantity of the items for the current line Item
- ITEM - Name of the item being referenced
- DESCRIPTION - A description of the item being referenced
- PRICE - The price of each individual item
- SUBTOTAL - Calculate automatically by multiplying QTY by the PRICE
- Total - Calculated automatically by summing up the SUBTOTAL of each line item
- Edit Invoices as Draft - This will save the invoice but not yet publish or send it. Invoices that are in the Draft stage will not be auto captured by the system, they must be in an Unpaid state.
- Edit Invoice and Send - This will finalize the invoice, sending an email to the user notifying them of the changed invoice and a link where they can make payment. The invoice is then entered into the system as an Unpaid invoice unless the Due Date was set to a date less than the current date.
For additional information on how the auto payment capture process works, click here.