The edit categories function allows the administrator to make changes to the selected category. Note that since the form fields are relatively the same for both categories and sub-categories, the following list of fields and their description will apply to both. Any differences between the two will be noted for your convenience.
- Parent Category - Gives you the ability to change the category that a sub-category belongs to or convert a sub-category into a category in of itself. A category can also be converted only once the associated sub-categories have been deleted or moved to a different category.
- Name - The name of the category presented as navigable items throughout the platform.
- URL Friendly Name - An alpha numeric representation of the category that will be displayed in the URL bar for SEO reasons.
- Order - The order of the category either in comparison to other categories of the same parent
- Description - Describe the category, this will be presented to end-users if selected and also used to describe the page to search engines.
- Tags - The tags are keywords that describe the content of the category. The tags make the content searchable within the platform and are displayed as the keywords to search engines.
- Small Image - A small image that portrays the category that will be presented as a navigation item throughout the platform. If there is no image uploaded, a random frame from a random video contained within the category will be used. Note that if there are no videos yet attached to the category, a placeholder image will be used until an associated video is uploaded and processed.
- Large Image - This is used as the splash screen when clicking the category background. If no image is uploaded, a random frame from a random video contained in the category will be used. Note that if there are no videos yet attached to the category, a placeholder image will be used until an associated video is uploaded and processed.
- Clear Small Image - If you uploaded a small image previously, this will remove the image and use the default picture as described above.
- Clear Large Image - If you uploaded a large image previously, this will remove the image and use the default picture as described above.
- Force Users to Watch Videos in Order - When selected on a category, this will force users to watch videos directly in order when assigned directly to that category.
- Quiz Must Be Passed Before Continuing - This requires a user to pass the associated quiz at the end of the category before they can watch any videos or view any category after the quiz (determined by order).
- Video Must Be Watched Before Taking Quiz - If ticked, any video that precedes a quiz in the category must be watched in full before the quiz can be taken
- Show Quizzes in the Category Next to Prospective Video - This will present quizzes next to their prospective video or category in the menus, consider it a heads up for end-users that a quiz is coming up.
- Show Description of Videos when Browsing Category - Show the description of the category to end-users when browsing.
- Show Who Stars in a Video when Browsing Category - If selected and there are associated stars, their names and a link to their profile will appear to end-users.
- Category is Browsable without Purchase - The category can be explored but no videos, unless free, can be watched. This is useful for those running sites that are not for internal purposes and want to preview the content to prospective subscribers and search engines.
- Category Visible and Live to Users - The category can be explored by the end-user.
- Edit Course (button) - Will save the changed made to the category where applicable and return you to the same page once saving has completed.