The Create User section of the Users function in the admin panel is mainly designed for administrators to create a user manually without the user registering through the front-end first. This is not the preferred method of adding end-users users as they should register themselves but in some instances, it is easier or necessary to register them yourself. Using this method is preferable for adding members of your team that assist in managing the channel above all else but can be used for any type of user.
User Details Form
- First Name - First name of the user being registered*
- Last Name - Last name of the user being registered*
- Email - Email address of the user being registered (must be unique)*
- Password - Password of the user being registered, will be used to login* All password are hashed one-way and cannot be decoded. If you lose or forget the password, you will need to start the Reset Password function or edit the user and set the password again.
- Confirm Password - Confirmation of the password chosen in the previous field to ensure no typos*
- Address Line 1 - Address of the user being registered
- Address Line 2 - If the user address has a second line, you can enter it here
- City - City of the user being registered
- State - State of the user being registered
- Postal Code - Postal code of the user being registered, if entered, the country is also required and the postal code must match the country's postal code formatting
- Country - Country of the user being registered
- Email Confirmed - Tick this box if you do not wish the user be required to validate their email address before their first login
- Admin User - Tick this box if you wish to give the user admin access. Note that they will have unrestricted admin panel access, roles are coming in the future to limit access to certain sections
- Star User - Tick this box if you wish to give this user star status (such as when they star in one of the videos you upload). The star user function does not convey any special permissions
- Suspended - Tick this box if you wish to suspend the user immediately upon creation. The user will be created but unable to login until you remove the suspension.
- Send Welcome Email - Tick this box if you wish to send the default welcome message to the user
* detonates a required field
Click the Create User button to add the user to the system. If the form is submitted without errors, you will receive a success message. If there are errors, you will be returned to the form and any errors must be corrected before continuing.
If you did not tick the Email Confirmed box, a confirmation email will be sent to the user that they must click before they will be able to login to the platform.