The create promotion functionality allows an administrator to create a new promotion available for use by a member before subscribing to a plan. A promotion can consist of a discount (percentage based or flat amount) and/or a trial period. Below you will find a listing of each available form field when creating a promotion and a brief description of it's functionality.
To create a new promotion, fill in the details in each field that apply to your use case.
- Code - This is the code users must enter to activate the promotion. Alternatively, if selected, it can be displayed from a dropdown during the plan selection phase to be applied automatically without prior knowledge of the code (option set under Auto Apply described further below).
- Type - This is the type of promotion that you plan to run with this code. There are four choices:
- Percentage - A percentage is reduced from the amount of the plan the member is subscribing to
- Amount - A flat amount in dollars that is reduced from the amount of the plan the member is subscribing to
- Percentage + Trial - Same as percentage above but additional trial attributes can be set
- Amount + Trial - Same as amount above but additional trial attributes can be set
- Trial Only - No discounts are applied but this gives members the ability to try your services before committing and then commence billing once their trial period ends
- Max Uses - The number of times that a promotion can be used by different members before expiring. Used for limited time promotions where you only want to give out a promotion to a set number of subscribers, set 0 (zero) for unlimited usage.
- Start Date - The date the promotion begins and the code can be used to apply the promotion to a particular plan, leave blank to start immediately.
- End Date - The last date that the promotional code can be used before an expiration message is shown and the promotion cannot be applied to a particular plan, leave blank to run in perpetuity.
- Plans - A listing of the different plans that are not retired that the promotion will apply to. Select the plan(s) that the promotional code can be applied to. Multiple promotional codes can apply to the same plan at a given time.
- One Time/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly/Bi-Yearly/Yearly
- Setup Fee Discount - The discount you wish to apply to the setup fee. For percent (if selected), enter a number (20 = 20%) without the percentage sign. For an amount, enter the dollar amount (2.50 = $2.50) without the dollar sign. Set 0 (zero) to disable.
- Recurring Discount - The discount you wish to apply to the recurring fee. For percent (if selected), enter a number (20 = 20%) without the percentage sign. For an amount, enter the dollar amount (2.50 = $2.50) without the dollar sign. Set 0 (zero) to disable.
- Recurring Cycles - How many billing cycles the promotion will be applied for before falling off and the full amount is charged. Set to 0 (zero) to continue in perpetuity.
- Trial Days - The number of days a member is allowed to trial the plan before they are charged the first invoice, set 0 (zero) to disable.
- Lifetime - Tick to enable the promotion to continue to apply if the member changes their billing cycle at a later date (no effect on trials). Note that the discount will change to the amount corresponding to their newly selected billing cycle and will not remain the same as the originally selected billing cycle.
- Once Per Member - Tick to limit the promotion's usage to one time per member
- Auto Apply - Tick to allow members to select the promotion from a promotion dropdown during the checkout process without the need to enter the code set above. This option will also indicated on the plans page that a promotion is available for the plan when ticked.
- New Members Only - Tick to enable the usage of the promotional code for new members only. A member is considered new if they have never had any previous subscription on your channel.
- Existing Members Only - Tick to enable the usage of the promotional code for existing members only. A member is considered existing if they have at least one active subscription on your channel.
- Previous Members Only - Tick to enable the usage of the promotional code for previous members only. A member is considered a previous member if they had previous at least one active promotion but it has since lapsed and they have no active promotion at the moment.
- Create Promotion (button) - Creates the promotion and enters the data in the system after validating the expected values above were set.