Leaderboards work in conjunction of the Rank Quiz Takers option flag for quizzes. They allow administrators to create a competition or tournament among audience members to introduce competitiveness and possibly reward the winner of the leaderboard.
The create leaderboard function can be found under the Leaderboards navigation item in the admin panel. When you click the link, you will be presented with form fields to enter details of the leaderboard you wish to create. Below is a list of the form fields and a description of each entry.
- Name - Give the leaderboard a unique name that will be referenced as a navigation item within the platform.
- Order - The number here will determine how the leaderboard is presented in relation to other leaderboards in the platform.
- Description - Describe the leaderboard, what you hope to measure and if there is a prize for the winner, etc.
- Start Date - The date that the leaderboard will begin to track the results of quizzes taken. Leave blank to start immediately. Any quiz results before the creation of the leaderboard will not be taken into account regardless of the date here. This is useful if you wish to start the leaderboard at a later date than the moment you create it.
- End Date - The date that the leaderboard will stop tracking the results of quizzes taken. Any quiz attached to the leaderboard taken after this date will not be taken into consideration when calculating the leader, points, or make any additional entries.
- Function - How the total score is calculated giving the taker a score. The following methods are available:
- Default - total points minus time in seconds to complete
- Multiply - total points multiplied by time in seconds to complete (not used frequently)
- Add - total points added by time in seconds to complete (not used frequently)
- Divide - total points divided by time in seconds to complete
- Subtract - total points minus time in seconds to complete
- Show Total Score - Tick to calculate the total score and use it to rank users but it will not display the total score on the leaderboard
- Show Full Names - Tick to show the full names of the user and not their display names, leave untick to show their display names
- Link to Profile - Tick to link the name of the leader to their profile.
- Show Avatar - Show the user's avatar next to their name (feature not yet implemented)
- Create Leaderboard (button) - Saves the data entered and immediately creates the leaderboard. The leaderboard will begin collecting quiz results immediately if the Start Date is blank, otherwise it will begin on the Start Date